Who We Are
As active capital market participants for more than 35 years, we have the knowledge, experience and resources to help small and micro-cap companies thrive in an ever-changing market environment
What Makes Us Different
- SM Berger & Company are investor relations advisors working with a relationship mentality and off-Wall Street approach.
- We have access to the same data and investor insights used by Wall Street firms, but take a custom approach to each client and each IR program we design and execute.
- We are a relationship-focused company and boutique firm, focusing on key principles that serve all accounts. Our clients will receive expert counseling from our professionals with years of experience, no matter the size of the organization.
- With access to sophisticated data and more than three decades working with firms on all aspects of investor relations, we can handle any situation—we’ve seen it all!
Working as a partner with our clients, we don’t use contracts. Our average retention rate is nine years, and many clients have been with us for more than fifteen years. With our service-oriented and client-focused approach, we’ve become one of the oldest IR firms in the U.S. Based out of Cleveland, OH, we are off Wall Street with a Midwest culture that focuses on relationships to give our clients continual value as the capital markets constantly change.
Micro and Small-Cap Specialists
- Our clients typically range in market cap between $15 million and $4 billion in all types of industries including Consumer Discretionary, Community Banking and Financials, Consumer Staples, Information Technology, Materials, and Industrials.
- New clients often come to us with a small number of large shareholders and limited institutional ownership with low trading volumes. Our clients usually don’t have many investment banking requirements, making sell-side coverage and equity sponsorships challenging for them.
- Through our investor relations programs, we customize an approach to assist our clients, connecting them with the investor community and building a compelling story about their business strategy and leadership teams.